Attention Care Home Owners and Managers
We can help you to make sure your care home achieves and maintains financial viability, meets CQC outcomes to a “good” standard and, most importantly, delivers the highest quality of care to your clients.
Download This Free Report: “The Secret to Running a Successful Care Home”
Discover how to deliver the right quality of care and remain financially strong.
A successful care home needs to be financially strong, have the best
people and work efficiently and effectively
Be Financially Strong
To deliver the best of care your care home needs to be financially strong.
If your home isn’t financially viable you will ultimately struggle to deliver the quality of care that your clients and their relatives expect and to meet the outcomes that bodies like CQC and local authorities demand.
This is because you won’t be able to pay to have the best people in place, invest in the right training or keep equipment and your home to the standard you need to attract new clients and keep clients and relatives happy.
It is imperative that you command the right fees for your beds.
We will help you set and maintain the right fees, calculate the right staffing levels for your type of clients and meet minimum Department of Health and CQC requirements for staffing, outcomes and reporting. Work with us and you will:
- Understand the full cost of care and use our costing tool to set the right fees;
- Learn how to reassess funding and apply for different funding streams;
- Reduce agency costs;
- Improve profit margins.
Contact us if you want your home financially stronger and more sustainable.
Build The Best Team
Your team makes the biggest difference to the lives of your residents.
Make it the best team ever.
You need the right people delivering the best of care consistently day and night.
For that you need to recruit the best, develop them and hold onto them and you need to turn the best of them into your future managers and leaders. You need to train, mentor and inspire them and bring out the best in them.
That is how you reduce staff turnover and the cost that goes with that and have the best people working in your home.
And you need to be the best leader they deserve who can keep your ship on course and lead where they will follow.
Our proven Recruitment to Retention (R2R) programme ensures you recruit, induct, develop and retain the best people. Within this framework we cover all areas of people development including:
- Teaching leadership, management and productivity;
- Presenting clear areas of roles and responsibilities;
- Running our Care Academy to develop peoples’ skills and attributes and prepare them for promotion;
- Setting up an effective induction programme that properly prepares new staff for working on the floor and which incorporates the care certificate through teaching and competence management.
Contact us to help you bring out the best in your people.
Make Your Care Home Work
Have your care home run efficiently and effectively so that you can focus on making it even better and not on solving problems.
Find Out More...
To run a care home that delivers the best care possible, in addition to being financially viable, you need a home that runs efficiently and effectively without your daily intervention.
Your people must know what they need to do and how to do it. Mistakes can lead to safeguarding incidents, inspections, upset clients and relatives, blocked beds and more. Mistakes must be few and far between.
Essentially your home must run like an efficiently working machine.
The systems and processes that we can help you develop are working effectively in other care homes. These systems and processes reduce cost, time and effort. They increase understanding and help reduce mistakes.
We have also developed Excel-based software tools that will help your staff record the information that you need to see to know that your home is running well and that CQC, NHS and local authorities demand.
Systems and processes and tools include:
- Clear process flows for all departments showing how to implement key tasks policies and procedures;
- Effective quality audit and data recording tools covering areas like incidents, DoLS, tissue viability and more that increases accuracy and reduces mistakes and your paperwork time and effort;
- Efficient calculation of staff wages based on submitted rotas;
- An effective training management tool that shows you who needs what training when so that you meet industry requirements.
Contact us if you want your home to run more efficiently and effectively and with fewer issues and mistakes.
Which Best Describes Your Situation?
How We Can Help
We can help you to make sure your care home not only meets CQC outcomes to a “good” standard but achieves a high level of profit in order to maintain financial viability.
We can help you:
- Command the right fees for your clients so that you can give them the care they need – and yes, that includes current clients;
- Recruit, develop and retain the right people so that you reduce staff turnover, reduce high agency costs and improve continuity of care;
- Develop your future managers through training and development and succession planning programmes;
- Implement key systems and processes and introduce tools that will reduce valuable time, reduce mistakes, increase the quality of your reporting, meet CQC outcomes and keep your home running efficiently;
- Develop the right business model and strategy to ensure your success in the coming years.
Find Out More...
We can help and we are here to ensure your clients don’t have to move due to home closure or financial instability, or failure to meet CQC requirements or because of safeguarding issues.
You can be financially healthy and still pay the national living wage, have the best trained and supported staff, deliver the best care and meet higher than minimum standards that CQC defines.
We are on a mission and have created QoC in response to the ever increasing challenges that care home owners and managers face.
Our society needs care homes to succeed not struggle and fail.
With 21 years between us in the care sector, we know how to help you succeed.
With an increasing aging population mental health issues such as dementia are prevalent and, with a predicted 800,000 more beds being required in the next 10 years, concerns about bed availability are ever growing.
If you want to succeed, want to develop and improve, want to deliver the right care and expand to provide more care to those who need it then we are here to help.
Our passion is care, first and foremost, but doing that doesn’t mean you have to run a business that struggles to make a profit.
Profit is not a dirty word as suggested by those who purchase your services. It is a necessity. And even more so for any business that is working within the confines of today’s economic pressures from local government, the rising demands of legislation and the ever increasing costs of running a good care home.
With us, you can move your business forward and it be the success you always wanted it to be.
So, if we have hit a chord with anything we have said and you want to make a difference to peoples’ lives and to your own current business in care, then contact us to see how we can help you.